Sunday, October 12, 2014

GREEN EGGS AND HAMLET

A) I don't actually know that much about Hamlet at all. I know that it has to one of the most referenced literary pieces of all time but I have unfortunately been left out of that loop. However, I do know that melancholy means gloomy and I am 50% Danish so there's that
B) I know that Shakespeare was and is a world renowned playwright. I also know that he likes to write his plays with the iambic pentameter rhythm.
C) I think students "involuntarily frown" when they hear Shakespeare's name because they know that a truckload of reading, character analyses, and biological analyses are headed straight for them.
D) I think we can make the study of this play most memorable by acting out some of the parts and getting into heated debates over the characters themselves. I think there are going to be some hardcore discussions in room 606 for the next few weeks to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment